Monday, November 5, 2018

Little Kids Can Know God


Natalie Powers
At age 13 I was trained to teach older children whole 5 Day Club, but I remember being at a loss with how to translate that to little ones. When anyone younger than 5 or 6 came along it turned into play time, with no more emphasis on God or the Word. Then in my third year at CYIA training, we focused in on Little Kids and how to teach on their level. I had previously been helping/teaching at a weekday morning “Sunday school” type program for preschoolers, so the con-cept was not new to me. But as I gained information and techniques, I became confident and eventually became the full-time teacher at the program. Now I work with young children constantly, and am going for my associates degree in Early Childhood Education. I know Little Kids can know God. I led a 3 year old to the Lord just this last summer. Many young children are too egocentric to understand their need for a Savior, but knowing the gospel as they get old enough to truly understand God’s gift gives them the chance to respond as soon as they can comprehend it.

CEF Western WI
Anne Weibel

No comments: