Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Eddie Marshall Moves to Oregon


March 2018

Dear Partners in Ministry,

As many of you know, God is leading us to a new phase in our life’s journey.  In 2010 my husband was diagnosed with vascular dementia.  God has allowed this to be a slow but steady journey.  Last winter it was made clear that we need to move closer to family since all of our children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren live on the West Coast.  So, I plan on giving my official resignation as Director of Teacher Training of CEF of the Greater Madison Area  to our local committee effective at the end of March.  We will be putting our home up for sale April 1 and hope to be able to move around June 1st out to Grants Pass, OR to live next door to our son.   Please pray regarding the logistics of all of this.

God called me when I was in high school to work with children reaching them through the ministry of Child Evangelism Fellowship. He gradually gave me experience in many areas of the CEF ministry as hostess, a member of the committee, teaching GNC and 5-day clubs, working in the fair ministry, being a nurse and an instructor at CYIA, teaching teens how to teach 5-Day clubs, and training others through local training classes like Teacher Enrichment and Teaching Children Effectively Classes, so they could reach children in their sphere of influence.  I have worked with five different directors over the years and seen how God has used each one of them to grow the ministry.  I have loved all aspects of the ministry, but especially seeing God lay a burden on the heart of others whether teens or adults to reach out to share the gospel with children.

One of my prayers for years has been to see a person trained to “take over” as Director of Teacher Training.  God has answered that prayer in sending Jeaneen Dau .  Jeaneen was a former Summer Missionary in the Madison area many years ago, who continued to pray for our ministry and has seen the value and how God uses CEF in the lives of children and adults.  She has been an Instructor of Teachers for over a year now.  We have been working together this past year so that she has been able to assume more and more responsibility.  Hopefully this transition will be that much easier for all involved.

To be honest, I went through a process of grieving when I knew it was time to leave WI and working with CEF.  However, never underestimate God’s leading. My son told me there was an active CEF ministry in Grants Pass, OR and that he personally knew the Director.  This gave me great peace even having the hope of perhaps doing some training in that area. The icing on the cake took place when I went to the International Conference last May and “happened” to sit next to a CEF worker from OR. We had a wonderful conversation and she was excited as I was to see God at work.

I will miss seeing all of you at various CEF events, but hope that we can stay in contact.  I have left my contact information with the office and do hope that you will reach out so we can fellowship through email, phone, text or snail mail. 

Continuing to Serve,
Edwina Marshall Director of Teacher Training
CEF of Greater Madison, WI

No comments: